Aims of the Early Years Foundation Stage:
The overarching aim of the EYFS is to help young children achieve the five outcomes of 'Every Child Matters':
- Be healthy
- Stay safe
- Enjoy and achieve
- Make a positive contribution
- Achieve economic well-being.
At Our Lady and St Patrick's we aim to achieve these outcomes by:
- setting the standards for the learning, development and care of young children
- providing for equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice
- creating the framework for partnership by working with parents, professionals and all settings that the child attends
- ensuring that learning and development is planned around the individual needs and interests of the child and informed by the use of on-going observational assessment.
Further information can be found in the Early Years Foundations Stage Policy